Writing is a valuable skill for researchers working in the social sciences, and many social scientists are confident authors. However, even excellent writing must be carefully proofread and edited before it is submitted to a journal or press for peer review and publication, and far fewer social scientists are or even wish to be accomplished editors.
For those authors who would like to edit and polish their own social sciences writing, time is often short, and it can be notoriously difficult to spot errors and inconsistencies in one’s own text – after all, the author already knows what he or she intended to write. Proof-Reading-Service.com offers the highest quality social sciences editing services by expert editors who have the time, the proclivity and the training to dedicate exacting attention to our clients’ research manuscripts.
Learn More How to Submit Your Document
What Kind of Social Sciences Editing Services Does Proof-Reading-Service.com Provide?
Most of the social sciences editing we do at Proof-Reading-Service.com takes place on a computer screen. A client sends us a research manuscript as an electronic file, in most cases a Microsoft Word document, and the social sciences editor we select to edit the manuscript makes necessary changes directly to the electronic document. These changes constitute our basic social sciences editing services and consist of
- Corrections to eliminate errors in the grammar, spelling and punctuation used in the manuscript along with typing mistakes of all kinds to ensure that the author’s intended meaning is clearly and accurately conveyed at all times.
- Adjustments to establish consistency in stylistic and structural elements across every line, sentence, paragraph and part of the manuscript in keeping with the high publication standards for peer-reviewed social sciences research.
- Alterations to observe with precision the publishing guidelines and instructions of the author’s target journal or press. It is common for references, in-text citations, notes, headings, subheadings and many other aspects of research documents to require some adjustment to meet publisher requirements.
Our expert social sciences editors at Proof-Reading-Service.com also tend to explain their work and share their insights with our clients. Depending on an author’s specific challenges and needs, the social sciences editing services we offer may therefore include
- Explanations of the reasoning behind changes made during the social sciences editing process, especially if those changes have been extensive or complicated and the reasons for them may not be entirely clear to the author.
- Suggestions for ways in which the author might improve the manuscript further by making adjustments to phrasing or vocabulary, formatting or structure, argument or tone or any other aspect of the document. Such changes, should the author choose to make them, would not be corrections but improvements and could be applied to future writing as well as the current manuscript.
Although most of our clients send us their research manuscripts for social sciences editing before submitting them to a journal or press, our expert social sciences editors are also uniquely equipped to help when a manuscript has been rejected or changes have been requested before it can be published. In such situations our social sciences editing services might include
- Assistance deciphering critical comments and implementing the corrections and other changes requested by peer reviewers and acquisitions editors. Some of our clients share the feedback they receive with their Proof-Reading-Service.com editors to ensure that the social sciences editing services they receive are focussed directly upon the issues that prevent publication.
- Expert social sciences editing for other documents associated with the publication of a research manuscript, such as letters to a journal editor and descriptions for a peer reviewer of the decisions and changes made to improve a manuscript.
The client receives our social sciences editing services via two versions of the file he or she originally submitted for social sciences editing:
- A clean version in which the changes made by our social sciences editor have been seamlessly incorporated into the author’s text.
- A tracked version which shows all the changes and gives the author the creative control to accept or reject those changes individually or as a whole.
The editor’s explanations and suggestions will appear as marginal comments that do not interfere with the author’s text.
Why Choose Proof-Reading-Service.com for Your Social Sciences Editing Needs?
The first and most compelling reason for choosing our social sciences editing services has to be the expertise of our highly educated social sciences editors. Every member of our social sciences editing team is a native speaker of English who holds a postgraduate degree at either the master’s or doctoral level. Collectively, their areas of research interest and specialisation range widely, enabling us to select an editor perfectly suited to understand, appreciate and edit the content of every client’s manuscript. Some members of our team have experience editing and publishing their own research manuscripts, and all of them have undergone rigorous assessment and training in the most effective social sciences editing techniques. The work of junior members is regularly monitored by our senior editors to ensure the highest quality social sciences editing services for every customer. Our clients rely on us to provide the professional social sciences editing they require, and our expert editors are perfectly qualified to do the painstaking work required and on time.
Our professional social sciences editing services are also affordable, with the price for editing a manuscript calculated in advance based on the word count of the document. Even if a client’s manuscript requires far more extensive and time-consuming editing than we anticipated, the social sciences editing price we initially quoted will never increase. The cost of an expert social sciences editor for a short journal article or book chapter is therefore extremely reasonable, and customer satisfaction is always guaranteed at Proof-Reading-Service.com. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the social sciences editing services you have received, please let us know at once so that we can resolve the problems and immediately provide the expert social sciences editing you require. Finally, as busy academics ourselves, we understand the need for security and confidentiality when editing unpublished research and always keep our clients’ personal information and intellectual property entirely private.