Writing well about advanced research is always challenging, and writing about research in psychology is no exception. Clarity and accuracy are essential when describing and discussing human behaviour in a professional context, and so is a conscientious attention to the careful and sensitive use of language to report behaviours, analyses and conclusions with absolute precision and without bias.
Thorough proofreading can catch and correct most errors and problems, but many researchers are unwilling, unsuited or simply short of time to perform the painstaking psychology editing required before submitting a journal article or other research manuscript for peer-reviewed publication. Proof-Reading-Service.com offers the highest quality psychology proofreading services for professors, researchers, practitioners and students working in all fields of psychology.
What Can an Expert Psychology Editor Do for a Research Manuscript?
The short and simple answer is that a qualified and conscientious psychology editor can help an author prepare a more professional and more publishable research manuscript. In order to produce this desirable result, the expert editor we select to work on a document will provide a number of essential psychology proofreading services:
- Corrections to eliminate all grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors along with any typing mistakes that may have slipped into the writing. This exacting line-by-line proofreading process ensures that the author’s intended meaning is clearly and accurately conveyed at all times.
- Adjustments across every phrase, sentence, paragraph and part of the manuscript to establish consistency in stylistic and structural elements, particularly with regard to observing the specific publishing guidelines of the client’s target journal or press for references, in-text citations, notes, headings and other important details.
- Explanations of the changes made to the manuscript, especially when extensive or complex changes have been necessary during the proofreading process and the reasons for them may not be entirely clear to the author.
- Suggestions for additional changes that may not be necessary to correct the author’s prose but would nonetheless improve the writing style, the voice or tone, or perhaps the organisation or argument of the manuscript were the author to follow our psychology editor’s advice.
How Are Your Psychology Editing Services Provided for Authors?
Our clients usually submit their psychology research manuscripts to us as electronic files, most often Microsoft Word documents, and our expert proofreaders then provide our proofreading services via these electronic files, adding changes and comments directly to the clients’ original documents. When the psychology editing process is complete, two versions of the edited manuscript are prepared and returned to the author:
- The clean version incorporates all of our psychology editor’s changes into an ordinary text that can be used at once.
- The tracked version, on the other hand, shows all of the changes made during psychology editing and restores creative control to the author by offering the ability to accept or reject those changes individually or as a whole.
Any explanations and suggestions are presented as marginal comments that provide the author with the benefits of our psychology editor’s expert advice without in any way interfering with the client’s text.
Why Is Proof-Reading-Service.com an Excellent Choice for Psychology Editing?
The primary reason for the excellence of our proofreading services is obvious – the expertise of our psychology editing team. Every one of our psychology proofreaders is a native speaker of English who has earned a postgraduate degree at the master’s or doctoral level. The interests and specialisations of our proofreaders range widely over the many fields of modern psychology, so we are able to provide for every client’s manuscript an engaged and informed psychology editor who can understand the research content and offer the author the most effective psychology editing possible. Although our psychology proofreaders bring editing and publishing experience with them when they join our team, they also undergo rigorous training in the best proofreading methods, and the work of junior members is continually assessed by our senior proofreaders. Proof-Reading-Service.com psychology proofreaders are the kind of professionals who can be immensely helpful not only when a researcher is perfecting a manuscript for submission to a journal or press, but also when an author is tackling the challenging revisions requested by peer reviewers and working to turn publisher rejection into acceptance.
The psychology proofreading services offered by Proof-Reading-Service.com are also affordable, especially for brief journal articles or reports. We calculate the price of psychology editing for each manuscript based on the word count of the document, and the price we quote for a document will never increase even if the writing requires far more extensive editing than we expected. As researchers and writers, the members of our psychology editing team understand how important it is to hold all personal information and intellectual property in the strictest privacy when working with unpublished research documents, so our clients take comfort in knowing that our psychology proofreading services are always secure and confidential.
Finally, we guarantee customer satisfaction with our psychology proofreading services. Authors set the deadlines for when the editing of their manuscripts must be finished, and we always return the clean and tracked versions of their documents by the agreed deadlines. We encourage every client to let us know at once if he or she is at all dissatisfied with the editing offered by a Proof-Reading-Service.com psychology editor. We will do all we can to resolve any problems and, if necessary, immediately provide a senior editor to complete the expert psychology editing the author requires and expects.