The imperative of thesis proofreading cannot be overstressed. Professors are less tolerant of error-riddled papers submitted by graduate students. A clean, well-proofed thesis is indicative of respect for one’s readers as well as the value placed on the work. Such achievements are draining, and few want to proofread when their writing is complete. Whether propelled by time constraints or fear of failure, many students turn to a thesis proofreading service company. Learn more about how to submit your thesis for our thesis proofreading and editing services.
We offer the following thesis editing services:
How Does Proof-Reading-Service.com Complete the Thesis Proofreading Process?
Thesis proofreading services employ strict rules for the processes and tasks that must be performed to maintain high standards. Thesis proofreading builds on the same practices used for proofreading any document. At its core, proofreading is the process whereby someone corrects errors in punctuation, spelling, grammar and syntax. It is a technical process that does not affect the meaning of the text. Its purpose is to facilitate the progress of the reader through the text. Proof-Reading-Service.com employs expert proofreaders who perform the same processes that would be used in proofreading any document. These include:
- Checking the text line by line, correcting each error in spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Correcting punctuation errors, including those found in numbers, years and references.
- Correcting grammatical errors, such as subject–verb conflicts and dangling participles.
- Flagging poor word choices, explaining the problem and offering alternative terms.
- Eliminating redundancies and inconsistencies.
Proof-Reading-Service.com employs thesis proofreading experts who are experienced with academic discourse, traditions and regulations. These expert proofreaders are familiar with the thesis author’s discipline. They have a superb command of English. In addition to the basic proofreading processes listed above, the thesis proofreading performed by these experts and thesis proofreading services ensures that:
- Style-specific issues, such as abstract length, running heads, consistent headings, captions and illustrations, are proofed and corrected.
- Headings are cross-checked with the table of contents.
- Department-specific formatting, such as fonts, margins and pagination, are correct.
- Citations (in-text, footnotes, endnotes and bibliography) are proofed and amended.
- Broken and ghost URLs are fixed.
Real Human Thesis Proofreaders from PRS Will Make the Difference
Despite their popularity, software programs are less effective at thesis proofreading than PRS’s thesis proofreading services. In short, software programs use limited vocabularies and algorithms. Unlike human experts in thesis proofreading, they are incapable of proofreading many academic terms or understanding the context in which the terms are used. Using these programs tends to result in shorter, simpler sentences as well as a loss of nuance.
In contrast, real human proofreaders, like those employed by PRS, are experts in thesis proofreading. Each has been carefully vetted. The team members of our thesis proofreading services must pass a comprehensive test before being hired. Most have PhDs. Not only have they successfully completed multiple degrees, but most have also authored peer-reviewed publications. They are experienced educators, publishers and editors. They believe that your thesis, your argument and your writing are important. Their job is to help you succeed honestly. Because of this, their comments often include advice on how to improve your thesis and to continue to grow as a writer.
Why Is Proof-Reading-Service.com the Preferred Thesis Proofreading Company?
Thesis proofreading is a relatively specialized service. As a result, successful thesis proofreading services groom their experts to excel in proofreading theses. Expert proofreaders for Proof-Reading-Service.com employ the best practices advocated by professional guilds, such as the American Copy Editors Society or the Society for Editors and Proofreaders. They undergo comprehensive training and pursue ongoing professional development – after completing their graduate degrees, teaching and publishing. In toto, these processes ensure that every facet of a thesis is proofed and corrected. In fact, PRS guarantees it.
One would think that the prevalence of computers would have eradicated the need for thesis proofreading services. On the contrary, our reliance on technology has multiplied the unexpected problems that can arise. Hasty cut-and-pastes may splatter a dismembered paragraph. Sentence fragments can be found after the thesis has been submitted. Sticky keys and keyboard layouts can transform what is typed into gibberish. More common are shared tendencies: one study found that 88% of APA papers had incorrect citations. Examples of academic writing errors could be listed ad infinitum. Thesis proofreading is a precondition for producing a well-regarded thesis.
The Benefits of our Thesis Proofreading Services
Proof-Reading-Service.com employs experts who are knowledgeable about what can and what must not happen to a thesis. Known for its reliability and high-class thesis proofreading, PRS derives its success from ensuring that its clients succeed. It provides a 100% guarantee on its thesis proofreading services. Each author’s thesis is proofread for punctuation, grammar, word choice, syntax, flow and clarity. Each thesis is aligned to meet departmental formatting and style requirements.
Thesis authors prefer Proof-Reading-Service.com because:
- PRS guarantees complete confidentiality.
- PRS provides high-quality proofreading that includes the separate proofreading of references, citations, tables, graphs, illustrations and mathematical formulas.
- PRS is reliable, returning thesis after thesis on time.
- Student authors are treated with care and respect by PRS’s customer services.
- PRS’s expert proofreaders provide helpful advice on how to improve each work.