How To Publish 50 Papers a Year
This guide to how to publish 50 papers a year offers advice on the conditions and effort necessary for a determined researcher to achieve such a large number of publications. A great deal depends on the field, specialisation, position and resources of an academic or scientist, which means that the extraordinary accomplishment of publishing 50 papers a year will not prove to be a realistic goal for many researchers. However, whether you wish to publish a single paper a year or 50 of them, the tips I share below will help you increase your research output and achieve your publication goals.
Since striving for such a large number of research publications will in most cases push a scholar’s capacities to their limits and perhaps beyond, it is extremely important to recognise and avoid the pitfalls that may undermine your intentions. I have therefore included in the list of tips what not to do as well as what to do when working to increase your research publications.
Increase Your Chances of Getting Published
The Do’s and Do Not’s of How To Publish 50 Papers a Year
• Collaborate with colleagues, mentors, students, technicians, statisticians, translators and anybody else who can enhance your research and contribute to authorship of a publishable paper. If 25 collaborating researchers are the primary authors of 2 papers each in a year, the co-authors as a group have produced 50 papers that year.
• Choose the target journal for a research paper before drafting the paper. This will allow you to apply the guidelines or instructions for authors to the structure, length, abstract, headings, references and other elements of the paper immediately, saving the time it would take to make the necessary alterations at a later stage.
• Use every bit of research and writing you can in papers intended for publication. The results of individual tests and different methods can be published separately. Conference presentations, theses and blog posts can be transformed into publishable papers. Even teaching materials and student feedback can be incorporated into some research papers.
• Choose whenever possible target journals with efficient turnover times from manuscript submission to article publication. Effective editorial practices such as peer review do take time, however, so patience is required. It may be a year or two before your submissions begin adding up to the number of published papers you would like to produce each year.
• Become the director of a research institute or the principal investigator of a large research project if the opportunity arises. This will mean extra work supervising students and other researchers, but in most cases it will also mean excellent resources and funding as well as authorship status on all the papers emerging from the institute or project.
• Join the editorial team of a journal in your field or become a peer reviewer for such a journal. This will consume valuable time, of course, but you will learn a great deal about the kind of papers the journal prefers to publish and how the publication process works. Both will help you submit manuscripts more likely to be accepted for publication.
• Hire a proofreader or editor to check and correct your manuscripts before they are submitted to a journal for consideration. Alternatively, a member of your authorship team who is excellent with formal language and scholarly writing can fill this role. Either way, it will increase your chances of publication if your submissions are polished to perfection.
• Sacrifice quality to quantity. This often happens when how to publish 50 papers a year (or any high number over a given period) becomes the priority, so always keep one eye on the quality of your research and be sure to publish meaningful results. Falsifying data or publishing the same results in different journals is entirely unacceptable.
• Claim authorship on any paper when it is not due. Academic and scientific journals often outline very specific requirements for authorship, and it is essential to contribute to the research and the paper in ways the publisher considers significant enough to justify authorship credit and assume responsibility for research content.
• Plagiarise your own or anyone else’s publications. Accusations of plagiarism can be absolutely disastrous for a researcher’s career, so be especially careful when recycling material from blogs and presentations for use in a publishable paper or when preparing papers that are similar to each other or based on the same research project.
• Neglect other aspects of a productive and successful academic or scientific career while you are busy figuring out how to publish 50 papers a year. These might include activities such as teaching and administrative duties that matter a great deal to your employer, your closest colleagues and the new researchers you are expected to train and supervise.
Why Our Editing and Proofreading Services?
At proofreading services we pride ourselves on the exceptionally dedicated team of academic and scientific professionals who provide our English editing and proofreading services. Our editors and proofreaders are highly educated native speakers of English who have undergone rigorous training in expert editing practices, and their fields of study and specialisation range so widely that we are able to help our clients improve and polish research manuscripts of all kinds for successful publication. Many members of our research paper editing and proofreading team focus on journal editing, manuscript editing, scientific manuscript editing, academic proofreading, academic editing, dissertation proofreading services, professional proofreading, thesis editing services and scientific proofreading, assisting authors with articles that will be submitted to scientific and academic journals by ensuring that the formatting and references in their manuscripts conform to the relevant guidelines with precision and by correcting grammar, punctuation, spelling and typing errors to enable the clear and accurate communication of original research that acquisitions editors expect in publishable papers.
Our scientific editing, medical editing, bioscience editing, life science editing, environmental science editing, pharmaceutical science editing, physical science editing, agricultural science editing, LaTeX paper editing, social science editing, political science editing, engineering paper editing, psychology editing, research paper editing, manuscript editing, humanities editing, journal article editing, biomedical science editing, planetary science editing, plant science editing, material science editing, veterinary science editing, behavioural science editing and neurosurgery editing services for authors of scientific papers and reports are especially popular, but we also excel at book editing and have the experience and expertise to proofread and edit books and papers of all kinds across every scholarly discipline. Some of our carefully trained editors and proofreaders work exclusively on PhD thesis editing, master’s dissertation proofreading, bachelor’s dissertation proofreading, thesis editing, dissertation editing, thesis proofreading and dissertation proofreading, applying their education and instructional skills in providing thesis editing and dissertation proofreading services that help advanced students to improve the formatting and language of their theses and dissertations and thereby increase their chances of degree success. Whether you are preparing a conference or class presentation, putting the final touches to a professional report for colleagues or tackling the challenging task of editing any kind of academic or scientific document for publication, a qualified member of our outstanding proofreading and editing team will be delighted to provide proofreading and editing services and boost your confidence in your written work.
If you are in the process of preparing an article for an academic or scientific journal, or planning one for the near future, you may well be interested in a new book, Guide to Journal Publication, which is available on our Tips and Advice on Publishing Research in Journals website.
We also offer the following services:
Journal Article Editing
Research Paper Editing
Grant Application Editing
Conference Paper Editing
Agricultural Science Editing
Chemistry Paper Editing
Environmental Science Editing
LaTeX Paper Editing Services
Life Science Editing
Material Science Editing
Medical Editing Services
Pharmaceutical Science Editing
Physical Sciences Editing
Planetary Science Editing
Plant Science Editing
Sports Science Editing
Veterinary Science Editing
Social Sciences Editing Services
Behavioural Science Editing
History Paper Editing
Management Studies Editing
Political Science Editing
Engineering Paper Editing
Law Paper Editing
PhD Thesis Editing
Master’s Dissertation Editing
Bachelor’s Dissertation Editing
Thesis Editing Services
Dissertation Editing Services
Thesis Proofreading Services
Dissertation Proofreading Services